My sister and I decided to try our hand at homemade deodorant tonight! I currently use a similar store bought recipe and am eager to give this one a try! These oils we used are all ones from the doTERRA Family Physician Kit. You can also use a variety of others. Kanga ‘N Rue used Cypress and Patchouli. I want to try Lemongrass and Lime next time!
The deodorant turned out a little grainy in texture, but smells amazing. I am going to give it a try this week and I will let you know the results!
Here is the recipe we used from Kanga ‘N Rue.
- Melt the shea butter and coconut oil on low heat.
- While the oils are melting, measure the dry ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Add essential oils to shea butter/coconut oil and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add oils to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine (about 30 seconds). It will ball up and be a salt clay consistency once combined.
- Press into a re-purposed deodorant container and chill in the refrigerator until solidified.
Please post below if you have another favourite DIY Deodorant recipe!