I have been doing a lot of reading on our morning routine and how to best start your day. There are a few key things of found in several articles from experts and holistic health enthusiasts.
Start your day right with these 5 easy steps:
- Get out of bed before your kids!! This is key!! On days I do this I am a much happier, more productive person. Totally worth not staying in bed for an extra 30 mins.
- The first thing you should do is drink a tall glass of water. I like to add a couple drops of lemon essential oil. Room temperature is ideal. This practice will aid digestion, flush out toxins and hydrate you. All important things!
- 5 Mins of journal writing, gratitude or meditation practice. Doing these things can help you prepare for your day and give you a sense of purpose. This can be so hard to do first thing, but try it out! Sitting in a sunny window or by a lux light (happy lamp) can make a huge difference as well. It encourages healthy cortisol levels and balances the adrenals.
- Exercise. My goal is to do my workout in this time, but for now this can look like a couple sun salutations, walking the dog, stretching…. whatever gets you blood flowing. Even if it’s only 5 minutes.
- Nutrient dense drink or meal. This is a great time for a green juice or a smoothie if you aren’t a breakfast person. Homemade granola, chia seed pudding and grain free pancakes are all excellent options.
Have a great morning routine? Share below!